When planning your Greenberg House event, please refer to the information below. Should you have questions, contact Mary Anagnost, director of Greenberg House programs and operations, at 202.797.4678 or email@example.com.
Greenberg House 2014-15 Event Costs
Classroom/seminar rooms (second, third, and fourth floors): $200 per segment
- Morning segment: 8 a.m.–noon
- Afternoon segment: Noon–4 p.m.
- Evening segment: 4–8:30 p.m.
We understand that schedules and events may change, and we will work with you to reschedule, if possible. For any events cancelled within 10 business days prior to the scheduled date, the full segment fee will be assessed.
Any event beginning prior to 8 a.m. and/or concluding after 4 p.m. will be charged a minimum of three hours of extra staffing at $20 per hour. Allow one hour set-up time and one hour clean-up time for all events.
- Postage: At cost
- Photocopies: $0.04 per side
- Soda: $13 per case
- Bottled water: $8.50 per 5-gallon container
- Hot beverage service (coffee/tea): $30 per day
- Office supplies: Minimal inventory available at cost
Greenberg House Guest Information
- Greenberg House is a smoke-free facility. Guests are allowed to smoke in the outdoor courtyard.
- Greenberg House is not wheelchair accessible past the first floor.
- Restrooms are on the first, second, and third floors (second floor is women’s only).
- Please recycle newspapers/white office paper and aluminum cans/glass/plastic in designated bins.
- Room temperature in all event space is computer-controlled and is set according to main campus guidelines.
The suggested caterer is Scott Slater, Capital Flavors Catering. You can reach him at 703.942.8588.
- Event hosts work directly with the caterer to ensure that menus and budgets meet their needs.
- Hosts of catered events at Greenberg House must hire catering support staff for set up, event maintenance, and clean up.
- The event host will be billed directly by the caterer.
- Please note: Catered events can be accommodated on the second floor only.
- Omni Shoreham Hotel (Ask for “Syracuse University” rate.)
- Marriott Wardman Park
- Woodley Park Guest House
Take I-81 South. Take I-83 South around Harrisburg to State Route 581 connecting to U.S. 15 South to I-270 South to Capital Beltway/I-495 East. Take Connecticut Avenue south (Exit 33 toward Washington, DC). Go approximately five miles and make a left onto Calvert Street. Greenberg House is one block on the left.
Take I-95 North. Merge onto I-395 North (Exit 170A, on the left, toward Washington). Follow the 14th Street Bridge into downtown DC. Go left onto K Street. Go right onto Connecticut Avenue. Follow Connecticut Avenue north. Cross over the Taft Bridge and turn right onto Calvert Street. Greenberg House is one block on the left.
From Northern Virginia
Take I-495 East. Merge onto Connecticut Avenue South (Exit 33 toward Washington, DC). Go approximately five miles and make a left onto Calvert Street. Greenberg House is one block on the left.
From Suburban Maryland
Take I-495 West. Merge onto Connecticut Avenue South (Exit 33 toward Washington, DC). Go approximately five miles and make a left onto Calvert Street. Greenberg House is one block on the left.
From Downtown D.C.
Follow Connecticut Avenue north. Cross over the Taft Bridge and turn right onto Calvert Street. Greenberg House is one block on the left.
Underground parking on Calvert Street is available directly across from Greenberg House.
Hours of operation: Monday through Saturday 7 a.m. to midnight, Sunday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Cost: Maximum $20 per day; weekdays after 5 p.m. $12.
Greenberg House is conveniently located two blocks from the Woodley Park/National Zoo-Adams Morgan stop on the red line.